Though technological advances have made construction jobs safer than they have ever been, construction workers still rank amongst the highest in suffering injuries. The job is physically very challenging and requiring a high level of physical stamina and health. As such, if you are the victim of a construction accident, your livelihood is in serious danger. It is in your best interest to talk to an experienced Maryland construction accident attorney.
The legal team of Mohammadi & Humayun, LLC is familiar with a number of different types of construction accidents, including:
- Falls – Most fall cases result from a failure to provide safety harnesses, fall arrest systems, netting, scaffolds, or other safety devices.
- Falling Objects – The risk of falling objects and debris is always present on a construction site. Most injuries resulting from falling objects are caused by the object being improperly hoisted or secured.
- Excavation and Trenching – Cave-ins during trenching operations can be deadly when the bury construction workers. If this type of accident occurs, construction workers can suffer injuries by inhaling toxic fumes, explosions, or electrocution when underground utilities are struck, or even die of asphyxiation.
- Electrocution – Electricity from “live” wires or as a result of failing to tag or lock out circuits is another common construction injury. There is a significant chance of serious burns or even death as a result of these types of accidents.
- Burns – Burns from welding accidents and from electricity can result in painful, debilitating and permanent burn injuries.
If employers and contractors fail to uphold their duties, they can be held liable for injuries that result. If you’ve been injured in a construction accident, our construction accident attorneys at Mohammadi & Humayun, LLC can walk you through the legal issues that may be involved in your case.
Moreover, you may also be entitled to relief under the Worker’s Compensation laws in Maryland. Filing a claim under these laws is the most common way of bringing a claim to recover for your injuries. However, there are limitations and it is important for you to understand what they are and how they affect your case. The construction accident attorneys at Mohammadi & Humayun, LLC can help you understand how to file your claim and what the limitations are.
Fortunately, even if you are receiving worker’s compensation, you still may be able to sue the party responsible for your injuries. Depending on the type of accident, you may still be able to sue multiple third parties, such as the general contractor, other contractors and subcontractors, equipment manufacturers, and the owners of the building or structure.
The Maryland construction accident attorneys of Mohammadi & Humayun, LLC have extensive experience in identifying all liable parties in order to help you get the maximum possible recovery, including for:
- Lost wages and income
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income from Social Security
- Loss of annuity/pension
- Loss of healthcare benefits
However, be aware, there are time limits to bring your claims in the State of Maryland. Do not wait until these time limits expire, as you may be barred from ever bring your claim. Contact us today for your free consultation at (301) 800-0880 or via our online contact form.